Hey Old Cityzens!
Ohh.. we got a taste of that sweata weatha after the Wednesday rains, and now I’m ready for more!
Hey, I was gonna start things off with a joke about construction, but I’m still working on it.
Missed the September Newsletter in you inbox this past week? Not to worry! We’ve got you covered with the online version.
Check it out HERE.
A few notes from it
– Adult swim program starting up. Email Meg about private lessons.
– Monday, Sept 6th – 9AM and 10AM classes only. There is no 8am that day.
– “Annie” is the benchmark WOD this month, and you’ll see it on Friday, Sept 17th. You read it hear first!
1. Recovery! Thereagun, Hypervolt, TimTam, or something off of Amazon – Percussion massage guns. Are they worth it??
2. September is Self-Improvement Month. What are you going to do? Here are 21 ideas.
Let’s see what’s coming up this week..
Monday – Put in some WORK today with a medicine ball for some weighted sit ups and medball cleans. You haven’t seen those in awhile!
Tuesday – How ‘them legs feeling?? Cuz we’ve got more squats today in the form of tempo front squats. Get ready for some unbroken heavy KB swings, too.
Wednesday – Deadlifts be calling ye! Hang power clean and push ups, too! Hear them in the distance?
Thursday – Long workout break – one of THREE – this week, and this one has a 18.1 vibe.
Friday – Double strength day with some split snatches and following up last weeks push press with some behind the neck (BTN) push press with a snatch grip. Build those lats with some single arm DB rows, too. And biceps! Oh lordy, let’s GROW them biceps with come CURLS!
Saturday – Tribute WOD for 9/11 called “343”. We’ve done this the past few years, and it’s a grinder with a high volume of hinging. Be realistic about the weight you can use, and if you can finish in under 45 min, and be ready to go once you get in the gym.
Sunday – Rest Day! Phew! You made it! Relax, and we’ll see you back in the gym tomorrow!
Let’s have another great week!