COVID-19 RE-OPENING FAQs
Old City Community Fitness: Phase 2 FAQ
Opening Date and Class Information
When is the gym opening?
- We are officially opening Wed. June 24th!
What are your hours of operation?
- We will be following a limited Phase 2 schedule: https://oldcitycrossfit.com/schedule/
- We will not have any classes on Sundays to allow us a day for deep cleaning the gym each week (in addition to cleaning throughout the day Monday-Saturday)
Is there a class cap?
- Yes! There will be a 9 person cap on all classes
Do I need to reserve my spot in class ahead of time?
- Also yes! You may not attend a class without registering ahead of time in ZenPlanner. There will be a waitlist available for each class time.
- You will be allowed to enter the gym 3 minutes prior to your class time starting
What if I’m running late?
- You cannot attend class if you arrive late (not even 5 minutes late). We are operating on a strict class schedule to ensure the safety and health of everyone in the gym
What’s the cancellation policy?
- Class cancellations must occur no less than 60 minutes before the start of a class. If the class is full and you cancel in under 60 minutes or no-show, you will be charged a $25 drop-in fee.
Equipment and Virtual Coaching
Do I need to bring back my equipment?
- If you are planning to attend classes in the gym, then yes!
- If you have barbells and/or plates, you must return them ASAP regardless
- We will host 2 equipment returning time slots on Monday, 6/22 and Tues, 6/23 from noon to 3pm. We will do 1 more session on Sun 6/28 from noon to 3 pm.
What if I’m sticking with Virtual Coaching?
- You will be allowed to keep your borrowed equipment (with the exception of barbells and bumper plates) if you are doing only Virtual Coaching
Can I do a hybrid of in-person and virtual?
- Yup! For those of you wanting to do both, you will pay your current membership rate for the first 2 weeks, after which the virtual training will be an add-on to your membership of $95/month +tax.
My equipment was damaged/lost! What do I do?
- Please email [email protected] to discuss damage or missing equipment
Are masks required?
- As per current CDC guidelines, masks are not legally required, but encouraged anyway. Wearing your mask outside on your way to the gym is still a good way to stay extra safe!
- Inside the gym, masks will be required to enter the gym and any time you leave your designated workout area (see below), and optional (though encouraged) when you’re in your area.
Is social distancing enforced in the gym?
- Yes – specific floor markings for working out and moving around the gym are laid out and visible. We will have a designated entrance and exit door, as well
Can I still bring my equipment bag to the gym?
- Yes, but you will only be allowed one bag, and it will need to stay in your designated workout space for the duration of the class. Cubbies will not be utilized for the time being
- Also note that you will not be allowed to change into your workout clothes at the gym, per the city’s guidelines.
- Please leave your bikes at home or locked up outside for now
Can I still bring a water bottle?
- Yes – please wash it thoroughly at home each day before and after attending a class. Only the hands-free water fountain will be used.
Will you still provide towels to be used during class?
- No, you will need to bring your own towel if you want one during your workout.
Will there be chalk to use during workout?
- No, but if you have your own, you are welcome to bring/use it.
How often is the facility and equipment being cleaned?
- The staff will be cleaning surfaces and equipment daily – when you attend a class, you will also be expected to assist in wiping down any equipment you used that day
Will you be doing temperature checks?
- At this current time, we will not be doing additional temperature checks. This may change at a later date.
Should I avoid coming to the gym if I don’t feel well?
- Yes please! For the safety and health of everyone who will be in our gym, please stay home if you aren’t feeling well for any reason!
What if I/another member gets COVID?
- If you know or suspect you have COVID, immediately email [email protected] – we will be doing anonymous, contact tracing emails so that all members who may have been exposed can get tested. Please do not come back to the gym until you have received a test and are cleared.
- In the event that you are exposed, we will offer you Virtual Coaching at no additional cost until you are able to reenter the gym