Workshops with Dr. Mike T. Nelson
One of our core values at Old City CrossFit is to constantly pursue wisdom. Whether you’re a high-performing athlete or a relative CrossFit rookie, one simple fact is true: the more you know about your body, the better you’ll be able to use it to get what you want out of life.
This is why I want to introduce you to my good friend, Dr. Mike T. Nelson and invite you to his workshops that he will be giving at our very own Old City CrossFit on Feb 25th and 26th.
Dr. Mike knows more about the human body than anyone I’ve ever met. He’s has a PhD in Exercise Physiology, a BA in Natural Science, and an MS in Biomechanics. Dr. Mike’s been in school longer than a lot of people have been alive.
That said, Dr. Mike doesn’t just have a wall of degrees. In the world of exercise science, Dr. Mike is one of the leading experts. He’s been published in scientific journals, as well as Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Sports Illustrated, T-Nation…the list goes on.
As I said above, Dr. Mike will be giving two workshops.
One of the workshops will be on Feb 25th (Saturday) from 1 pm – 5 pm. This workshop will be on the idea of Reflexive Performance Reset (aka RPR).
RPR Workshop – Feb 25th: 1-5 pm
Check out Dr. Mike T. Nelson’s quick 5-minute overview of what it is, and what you can expect to get out of it:
This workshop will be a 4 hour, hands-on, interactive workshop designed to teach you how to correct your body’s imbalances.
Who is this workshop for?
- Any athlete who has been struggling with a mobility issue and the foam roller doesn’t seem to ever permanently solve the problem.
- Anyone with a long-term nagging ache or pain in their body that they can’t seem to shake.
- Anyone who is looking for ways to maximize their performance inside the gym, and squeeze every ounce of ability out of their body.
- Anyone who is fascinated with the human body and how it’s interconnected.
What can I expect to learn in this workshop?
- Your body’s compensation mechanisms for movement
- Breathing – how your body does it, and why it matters that it does it correctly
- Hips= Power. How to turn on your hips and unlock your power
- Mastering your nervous system. Autonomics and the most important insight for your athletic and mental performance.
- Drills to “wake up” your body and tips on how to keep it awake all day.
- Eyesight drills to improve coordination and athleticism.
- There will be time for Q&A to address specific issues and questions you might have.
This workshop costs $199 and will run from 1-5 pm on Feb 25th. To sign up for the RPR workshop click this link – limited spots available:
Metabolic Flexibility Workshop – Feb 26th: 9am – 1 pm
The other workshop will be all about Nutrition, specifically Metabolic Flexibility. This workshop will be on Sunday, Feb 26th and will run from 9 am – 1 pm.
Here’s a short video of Dr. Mike explaining this workshop in more detail:
This workshop will be a 4-hour workshop and will include a lot of time to answer specific questions as well as help create personalized plans for individuals in attendance.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone who wants to become a master of nutrition and have complete control of their body and diet
- Athletes who want to maximize their performance through nutrition
- Anyone who’s been stuck at a long-term plateau with their diet and needs a new approach for weight loss.
What will I learn in this workshop?
- Macronutrients as fuel. What they are and how they work.
- Choosing the right fuel for the right activity: aka MetFlex
- MetFlex for Fat Loss
- MetFlex for Muscle Gain
- Supplements – which ones work, which ones are garbage.
- How much protein do you really need, and what’s the deal with the post workout protein shake?
- MetFlex for performance
- Detailed Q&A to get specific with your concerns/issues/questions.
This workshop will be on Feb 26th from 9 am – 1 pm and costs $199 to attend. To sign up for this workshop, follow this link:
If you’re interested in signing up for BOTH workshops, you can do so for $350 by following this link here:
2017 02 07